The best golf resorts in the world: Train and play for your vacation!
The best golf resorts in the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean can be your choice for your next vacation. Turn it into a golf vacation to train and play! There are many package deals available to make your trip more than just a break from your routine. A golf vacation will be a hands-on experience to improve your golf game, enjoy incredibly peaceful and luxurious surroundings, and visit a different state or country! This planning guide will point you to some of the world’s top rated golf resorts.
Whether you book for yourself or through an experienced golf travel specialist, start your research online where you can find world-class golf courses and travel deals. Fees, resort amenities and golf course details are available. But look no further than packages that include airfare, hotel accommodations and green fees for the best value. The typical packaged golf resort vacation will include most of these features:
- Air ticket
- Accommodation in resorts
- Confirmed departure times
- prepaid green fee
- 18 Hole Shared Cart
- Equipment rental
- golf lessons
- Meals in Exclusive Restaurants
- Transfers to the Field
- Airport Transfers
- All taxes and service charges
The golf courses are planned in an enchanting setting where you can enjoy sea breezes or views of lush greenery, and you can combine golf with other resort amenities to provide a complete vacation.
For example, try one of the many glamorous Club Med Golf Resorts with beautiful fairways in the most unforgettable and welcoming locations around the world. Club Med offers offers that include the best equipment and golf lessons for all levels! Its locations include Cancun, Mexico, as well as Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Other locations are spread throughout the world: Turks and Caicos Islands, Mauritius, Portugal, France, Italy, Brazil, Thailand, Morocco, Egypt, Senegal, and, in the United States, Sandpiper Bay, Florida.
Scotland has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world and there are approximately 100 resorts, called “golf hotels”, among the more than 500 golf courses throughout the country. The best known are Turnberry, Gleneagles and The Old Course Hotel St. Andrews. Each of these has a spa, leisure facilities, excellent restaurants and “golf tuition” packages for all levels.
Mexico has numerous golf courses located in luxurious coastal locations. There are golf resorts in Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos. Additionally, Mexico has its championship Baja version of California’s famous “Pebble Beach” golf course, called Bajamar, just a few hours’ drive from San Diego in Ensenada.
For the United States, search online for some of the golf courses suggested by key magazines such as golf link‘s who publishes America’s Top 100 Golf Courses. This edition ranks the best of more than 21,000 public and private golf courses across the country. However, within those hundred courses, you want to look for the resorts with package programs and golf lessons. Among the top 100, you’ll find that the top golf resort vacation destination states are in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina and Texas. Let’s review these states for their best locations:
- In sunny, always balmy Florida, Club Med’s Sandpiper Bay Golf Academy offers 2-day and 3-day golf courses. The Academy includes all aspects of the game such as Chipping, Putting, Bunker, Pitching and Lob Shot, Full Swing with Irons and Woods. A video analyzing your swing is provided, as well as an optional video comparing your swing to that of a professional player. Additionally, the area in and around Miami has regional golf resorts for year-round vacationing. Each resort offers on-site amenities and services, both on and off the course, and minutes from top Miami attractions like South Beach and the Miami MetroZoo. You will have a multitude of options during a golf vacation here.
- Arizona has decent weather for many months of the year, and Scottsdale has nearly 200 golf courses, many set against the picturesque backdrop of the Sonoran Desert. It is a golf destination with golf schools and pro shops. Many resorts here offer high-quality accommodations and championship golf courses. Most golf resorts offer packages where hotel guests can get discounts on green fees. Additionally, Sedona, Arizona offers numerous golf courses with mild year-round weather and spectacular red rock scenic views.
- In California, Pebble Beach has long been known as a small coastal golf destination located in beautiful Monterey County. It is home to the prominent Pebble Beach Golf Links, the Pebble Beach Lodge, and the prestigious Inn at Spanish Bay. Every year, golfers return to rub shoulders with golf professionals and experience nature at its best on the magnificent golf course designed by leading golf course designers. The harmony of the golf courses and the majestic coastline are impressive!
- Another golfer’s paradise is conveniently located along the South Atlantic coast on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. It combines natural beauty and world-class golf on a barrier island 12 miles long and five miles wide. Nicklaus, Palmer and other golf legends have frequently played on these championship courses. Since the first course at Sea Pines opened in 1961, there are now emerald links at Harbor Town and featured courses at Bluffton, as the Hilton Head area has become a major golf hub. It is legendary for its spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, scenic wetlands, and maritime forests teeming with wildlife. Mild weather and year-round sunshine also make Hilton Head Island the perfect place to play.
- Las Vegas, Nevada is quietly emerging as one of the fastest growing golf destinations in the United States amid the glitz and glamor of its casinos. The city’s massive convention center and countless hotel rooms make it a natural haven for large-scale golf events. With year-round sunshine and balmy temperatures, and plenty to do after a full day of golf, from gambling to entertainment, this golf destination will continue to grow.
- CNN ranked Austin, Texas as the No. 1 city for golf in its 2010 Golf.com. Framed by the Texas Hill Country, Austin’s golf courses are among the best in the United States. The region is noted for the Wolfdancer Golf Club, which was named No. 56 in golf week‘s top 100 golf resorts in 2009. In addition to being a great contemporary music city and home to numerous celebrities, Austin offers vacationing golfers great barbecue, idyllic year-round weather and luxury accommodations.
Your best package deal will be at all-inclusive resorts, where airfare, lodging, meals, and golf activities are bundled into one price. On the other hand, consider traditional hotels and resorts in the suggested locations. With a little planning online, one of the best golf resorts in the world can be your affordable option. Enjoy the location, exploring the region while improving your golf game and providing a complete joyous vacation for your family and loved ones!
(c) 2012 Elizabeth McMillian